CUMNOR HOUSE SCHOOL
Clothing List for Boarding Boys
Please return this list with your child’s clothing at the beginning of each term.
* 1 CHS Blazer
* 1 CHS fleece (optional)
2 pairs mid-grey trousers and 2 pairs grey shorts
* 2 Long sleeved pullovers (uniform pattern) (1 Sleeveless in summer)
6 pairs pants
3 vests (optional) (all white – no T shirts)
2 pairs pyjamas
1 dressing gown
* 1 tie
Washing materials in a wash bag:
(2 face flannels, toothbrush & toothpaste, hairbrush, shampoo, shower angel, comb and nit comb)
1 pair slippers with sole
1 pair black shoes
* 1 Storm Jacket
* 1 CHS tracksuit top
* 1 pair CHS tracksuit bottoms
1 extra pair tracksuit bottoms (any colour)
1 pair wellies named and numbered on the outside
1 pair trainers/astro (for hockey)
1 pair trainers
* 1 pair black swimming shorts
* 2 CHS polo shirts (white)
1 pair white games shorts
3 pairs white sports socks
* 1 net kit bag
AUTUMN AND SPRING TERMS
* 6 pairs long grey socks (uniform pattern)
* 3 grey shirts – must be long enough to be tucked in properly.
* 2 Rugby shirts (one red, one black – uniform pattern)
* 1 black base layer
* 2 pairs black football shorts
* 1 match shirt
* 2 pairs football socks (uniform pattern)
1 pair of football boots (not nylon studs)
NB: please note the wearing of ‘Blade’ football and rugby boots is not permitted – only boots with rubber studs or replaceable aluminium studs are acceptable.
1 pair lycra cycle shorts or equivalent ‘under armour’
1 pair shin pads
* 6 pairs short grey socks
* 2 pairs long uniform socks (for colder weather)
* 3 red Polo shirts
* 1 long sleeved grey shirt (for Mattins on Sundays)
* White games pullover (long sleeved) with logo
* CHS sun hat/cricket hat
* 1 long sleeved cricket shirt
* 1 pair long white cricket trousers
1 white base layer (optional)
* Athletics spikes (optional)
* 1 pair cricket boots (optional)
Overnight bag (for first night and weekends out)
Writing paper and envelopes
24 name tapes (first term only)
1 pillow (clearly marked)
1 duvet (clearly marked)
2 duvet covers (named on the OUTSIDE next to the opening)
2 bath towels (with name tape and loop in middle of long side )
Please do not send pillow cases that match duvet covers,
The school provides sheets and pillow cases.
Home Clothes must be named and machine-washable.
All items, including footwear and home clothes, must be clearly marked with
your child’s surname, initials and school number.
All items MUST be machine washable.
Owing to lack of storage space it would be greatly appreciated if
boarders could refrain from bringing trunks to school,
opting for soft-sided collapsible bags instead.
Name tapes must be ordered from Simmonds.
Items marked * must be obtained from Simmonds, the School Outfitters
BEGINNING OF TERM
Children should arrive in school uniform on the first evening of term. Their main cases
are not unpacked until the following day, so they should have what they need
for their first night and day in their small overnight bag.
All sports kit should be packed in the net sports bag.