HADLOW RURAL COMMUNITY SCHOOL
· Black blazer with school logo*
· Plain white collared shirt
· School tie*
· Green V-neck pullover with gold trim and logo*
· Plain black traditional style school approved trousers*
· Plain black traditional style school approved skirt*
(Worn no shorter than just above the knee)
· Plain black or white socks or black/neutral tights. (Long socks are not permitted)
· Black formal school shoes (trainers, plimsolls, boots, shoes with a heel or open toed footwear are not permitted)
· Official fleece lined jacket with logo*
· Padded school bag (rucksack or portfolio) with logo*.
Land Based Uniform
· White polo shirt with green striped collar and logo*
· Green sweatshirt with logo*
· Plain black ‘combat’ type trousers
· Steel toe capped boots.
· Black and green rugby shirt with logo*
· Black and green polo shirt with logo*
· Black and green short/skort with logo*
· Plain black football socks
· Plain white sports socks
· Moulded football boots
· Black and green hooded sweat shirt with logo* (optional)
· Black track suit bottoms with logo* (optional).
*In the interests of consistency and ensuring that the appearance of the uniform remains one of smartness rather than fashion, these items are compulsory. Most items will have the HRCS logo and will only be available through our registered suppliers. Only those items specified on the uniform list will be permitted.
No other items of clothing (in particular hoodies) will be permitted; students should be correctly dressed for the appropriate curriculum activity.
· A watch and 1 pair of stud earrings – 1 plain stud in the lower lobe of each ear (no hoops). No other jewellery will be permitted.
· Hair must be worn in a style, which, in the judgement of the School, is appropriate for a formal uniform situation. An unnatural striking appearance, which may be considered suitable for social occasions, is inappropriate for the School.
· Haircuts must be no shorter than a No: 3
· Shaved patterns, undercuts, extensive braiding* or beading are not acceptable
· Unnatural/extremes of colour, for example those caused through dyeing or bleaching are not acceptable
· Styles with coloured streaks, patterns or two-tones are not acceptable.
*In a few cases and because of hair type and cultural status, functional braiding may be appropriate. However, advice must be sought in advance of styling since it will not be allowed unless there is an agreement with the School in advance.
In addition, students with long hair must ensure it does not obscure the face and is kept tidy at all times. Students will be requested to tie hair back for all practical subjects, this should be done with a plain hair band (no other hair accessories are permitted). Boys should attend the School clean shaven.
· Make-up must not be worn and will be confiscated if found
· No nail polish or false nails
· Students will be required to remove any make up worn in School.