MGGS UNIFORM LIST
School Uniform - Years 7-11
The following items may only be obtained from Pages (Maidstone) www.pages-schoolwear.co.uk, or Simmonds (Tunbridge Wells) www.simmonds-ltd.com:
- School specific dark brown blazer with school crest.
- School specific dark brown jumper with double gold stripe at neck and school crest.
- School specific dark brown skirt with button waistband and pleat detail. No other design may be worn. Skirts should be of reasonable length, no longer or shorter than 4 cm above or below the knee. Alternatively, students may wear dark brown trousers of two specific designs only, with embroidered MGGS initials. No other design may be worn
- School specific plain white shirt embroidered with the MGGS logo
The following items may be obtained from any supplier:
- Plain (not patterned) brown, black, beige or white ankle socks or white long socks, or black, brown or natural coloured tights.
- A coat which must be of a dark colour and plain. Denim or leather jackets are not acceptable, neither is an alternative sweater instead of a coat.
- Shoes may be black or brown and must not be slingbacks nor have platform soles nor heels higher than 4 cm. Shoes should not come above the ankle. Trainers are not acceptable. Except in extreme weather conditions, school shoes should be worn to and from school.
Physical Education Kit
The items embroidered with the school emblem (sweatshirt, t-shirt, skorts, shorts and tracksuit bottoms) may only be obtained from Pages (Maidstone) www.pages-schoolwear.co.uk, or Simmonds (Tunbridge Wells) www.simmonds-ltd.com:
- Sky blue hooded sweatshirt with school emblem
- Sky blue t-shirt with school logo
- Navy blue skort or shorts with school emblem
- Sports trainers (any colour) with a white sole
- Knee length sky blue socks for hockey
- Short white socks for other games
- Shin pads
- Football boots
- Navy blue tracksuit bottoms with school emblem
- Base layers with school logo (leggings and top)
- We strongly recommend that you purchase a mouth guard for hockey. These are sold from the ‘Outlet’ in school from September.
Student initials should be embroidered on the left hand side of all items of the PE kit underneath the crest. White embroidery should be used on all items.
Science Lab coats
A plain coat overall with long sleeves, preferably cotton (but not nylon). This should be named inside and also with initials embroidered on the front pocket. The same overall must not be worn for Science and Food Technology. However, it can also be worn if required for Art lessons.
Any colour cotton full length apron may be worn although a school designed apron is available to be purchased from school.
Any suitable covering with long sleeves and preferably opening down the back. A long shirt may be worn back to front.
The following are NOT allowed:
· Wearing make-up and nail varnish.
· Jewellery except one pair of small, plain round gold or silver ear studs, a watch and a cross and chain (to be under the shirt).
· Body piercing (other than earlobes).
· Unnatural hair colour or streaks.
Inappropriate items of clothing or jewellery other than the above will be confiscated and kept in the office for two weeks. After this time, students may request the return of the item.
All items of school uniform and clothing brought to school must be clearly named.
If in an emergency a student has to come to school wearing any non-uniform article of clothing, she should bring a letter from home explaining why this is necessary.
In PE, students must put all valuables into the valuables box at the beginning of the lesson for safe keeping.
If a student needs to bring any substantial sum of money into school, it must be handed into the school office in a named envelope. It can be collected at 3.30pm.