FREE POSTAGE AND PACKING ON ALL UK ONLINE ORDERS
- despatched within 3 to 5 working days
CLICK TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
CLICK TO BUY
NEW ENTRANTS TO THE ROCHESTER GRAMMAR SCHOOL
For reasons of sizing, advice on quantities and care labels, and in order to avoid the need for returns, we recommend that uniform for new entrants is purchased at the Simmonds school shop based at The Rochester Grammar School.
The shop is open for business during school term time on Monday 3-4:30, Wednesday and Friday lunchtimes between 1.00 pm and 2.00pm and is managed by Rebecca Foster who can be contacted at the Simmonds shop on 01634 848175 . If phoning out of hours, please leave a message and a member of Simmonds staff will get back to you.
Please note that uniform for The Rochester Grammar School is not sold through Simmonds Shop in Tunbridge Wells.
The online shopping prices are detailed on the product pages, and may vary according to garment size. Payment online is secure and we operate a credit / debit card payment system through World Pay. Postage and packing is free on all orders despatched by Simmonds. Orders are despatched as promptly as possible however please allow up to 5 working days. Please note that in some schools we offer a uniform shop facility, which means that our stock is kept in numerous locations. Therefore if you place an order in the school holiday period, or during a period that the shop is closed, you may encounter a further delay as occasionally we are unable to access stock in a school shop until that school re-opens.
We hope that you are happy with your purchase, but should you need to return any goods please obtain a proof of posting. Please note, unless faulty or for reasons previously discussed with Simmonds Customer Service, returns are not paid for by Simmonds and you will be returning goods at your own cost.
There is a dedicated customer service email [email@example.com] and telephone helpline available from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Customer Service Team will endeavour to respond to your email within 48 hours during our normal opening times, which are Monday to Friday from 9:00am - 5:30pm
Simmonds & Son Ltd
3-5 Eldon Way
Kent TN12 6BE
STUDENT UNIFORM AT THE ROCHESTER GRAMMAR SCHOOL
The wearing of school uniform is compulsory in Years 7-11. It helps to establish standards of conduct and discipline.
Rochester Grammar School seek the co-operation of parents in enforcing this rule.
Every effort is made to keep the cost of the uniform to the minimum, consistent with providing garments which will wear well.
THE ROCHESTER GRAMMAR SCHOOL UNIFORM from September 2016
The school uniform consists of:
- Tartan kilt – the length of the kilt should be to the knee and no shorter *:
- Year 11 ONLY-Navy Blue knee length pencil skirt (Only available from S. Simmonds & Sons);
- Navy blue jumper with the school logo *;
- Blue school blouse with revere collar with the RGS initials on the collar*:
- (Only available from S. Simmonds & Sons);
- Yr 11 ONLY-White Revere Collar Blouse.
- Blazer with badge *;
- School scarf or plain navy or black scarf *;
- Full length or ¾ length navy or black winter coat or mac:
- This must be of a plain material;
- The only short coat allowed is a school blazer with badge;
- Shoes Leather (black, flat walking shoes):
- Boots, sandals or plimsolls are not acceptable as are any other non leather shoe.
- Ankle Socks (plain white) or Plain Tights (black or beige);
- Science overall (must be long sleeve to wear in all science lessons).
Updated list for Physical Education
Navy PE bag
Predominantly white training shoes with non-marking soles
RGS white polo shirt
House polo shirt – name embroidered in black (Hildegard embroidery will be white)*
PE Skort - black
Short white socks (for netball, tennis and athletics)
Plain black dance trousers
Navy blue shorts
Hockey socks (knee length navy blue)
RGS sweat shirt and plain black or navy blue jogging trousers for PE
*These items must be purchased from one of the two school uniform outfitters.
NAMING ALL CLOTHING & PERSONAL ITEMS
Name tapes are available from Simmonds either as sew in or iron on and an embroidery service is available from Simmonds & Son Ltd. 64 Calverley Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 2UG or online at www.simmonds-ltd.com