NEW ENTRANTS TO SIR JOSEPH WILLIAMSON’S MATHEMATICAL SCHOOL
For reasons of sizing, advice on quantities and care labels, and in order to avoid the need for returns, we recommend that uniform for new entrants is purchased from the school shop. The school shop is situated within the grounds of the school buildings, near to reception.
During back to school, an appointments system operates for the purchase of uniform. Please book appointments by telephoning the school shop on . If phoning out of hours please leave a message and a member of Simmonds staff will call you back to make the appointment with you, or answer any queries you may have.
Simmonds provide the Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School uniform and are responsible for operating the school shop. The shop is open for business during school term time on Monday and Friday lunchtimes between 12.45pm and 2.00pm and on Wednesday between 2.30pm and 4.30pm.
During the summer holidays the shop opens for a selected period of time. Details of opening times can be obtained from the school shop by either telephoning or emailing; contact details are shown above in the Contact Box.
Please note that uniform for Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School is not sold through Simmonds Shop in Tunbridge Wells.
The online shopping prices are detailed on the product pages, and may vary according to garment size. Payment online is secure and we operate a credit / debit card payment system through World Pay. Postage and packing is free on all orders despatched by Simmonds. Orders are despatched as promptly as possible however please allow up to 5 working days. Please note that in some schools we offer a uniform shop facility, which means that our stock is kept in numerous locations. Therefore if you place an order in the school holiday period, or during a period that the shop is closed, you may encounter a further delay as occasionally we are unable to access stock in a school shop until that school re-opens.
We hope that you are happy with your purchase, but should you need to return any goods please obtain a proof of posting. Please note, unless faulty or for reasons previously discussed with Simmonds Customer Service, returns are not paid for by Simmonds and you will be returning goods at your own cost.
There is a dedicated customer service email [email@example.com] and telephone helpline available from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Customer Service Team will endeavour to respond to your email within 48 hours during our normal opening times, which are Monday to Friday from 9:00am - 5:30pm
Simmonds & Son Ltd
3-5 Eldon Way
Kent TN12 6BE
Every pupil must wear the full school uniform when going to and from school, during lunch break, on school excursions and when travelling as a member of a school team or visit group.
Wearing personal jewellery is inappropriate in an active, crowded school community. It presents unacceptable hazards, especially during any physical activity, in workshops, laboratories and other assembly areas.
The dying or bleaching of hair is not permitted and hair should not be shorter than No. 2 or exceed collar length. Boys should be clean-shaven unless specific permission is granted by the Assistant Headteacher [Pastoral]
A UNIFORM PRICELIST FOR YEAR 7 TO 11 IS DETAILED SEPERATELY & CAN BE PRINTED FOR CONVENIENCE
Sixth Form Uniform – Boys
The uniform consists of……….
- A navy blue blazer of uniform pattern and colour with the school pocket badge
- A sixth form tie
- Plain, dark grey or black worsted or terylene trousers – denim [or other cotton] trousers, jeans etc. are not permitted for school wear
- Plain grey or white shirt with collar. Shirts should be of plain texture and not silky.
- Black formal shoes [not trainers or boots]
- Socks should be grey, black or white
- Pullovers, if worn should be V-necked and plain dark or mid-grey, navy or black. High necked pullovers are not permitted for school wear.
- Cardigans may be worn in cold weather, but not in place of a blazer.
- A plain, dark overcoat or anorak is desirable.
- Boy’s games and P.E. clothing will consist of white shorts or a school tracksuit, plain white T-shirt and / or school rugby shirt.
Sixth Form Uniform – Girls
The uniform consists of……….
- A straight kneelength black skirt. The skirt should be 20 or 22 inches so as to finish close to the knee. Bodycon skirts are NOT permitted.
- Grey or black tights may be worn as an alternative to regular tights
- Trousers may be worn in place in place of skirts. These may be dark grey or black and should be of a simple straight design [not tight fitting or flared]
- Girl’s games and P.E. clothing will consist of white T-shirt, trainers and school tracksuit bottoms [to be ordered from P.E. Department at the beginning of term]
- SHOES SHOULD BE BLACK, LOW HEELED OR FLAT AND NOT STILLETO.
STUDENT UNIFORM NAMING ALL CLOTHING & PERSONAL ITEMS
Name tapes are available from Simmonds either as sew in or iron on.