Uniform List 2017 - 2018
Purchasing SKPS Uniform
Items printed in red are only available from our uniform supplier, Simmonds of Tunbridge Wells
Items printed in black are available from all standard uniform suppliers
School Uniform – Terms 1 to 6
Blazer - black trimmed with SKPS logo
Fleece lined outer coat – black with SKPS logo
Rucksack – red with SKPS logo
Tie – black/red bold stripped
Skirts (grey SKPS specific style skirt), trousers or shorts (grey, formal style
Long sleeve or sleeveless jumper – red (with black inset neck band)
Blouse/shirt – white, long or short sleeved, with button to neck
Socks – plain grey or white
Tights – plain grey (leggings are not permissible)
Shoes – plain black school style
Scarf – plain black or red
Gloves – plain black or red
Hat – plain black or red, or black with SKPS logo
Wellies (Year R only) – plain black or red
Hair accessories – red or black (i.e. alice bands or scrunchies)
Summer Uniform, optional – Terms 1, 5 and 6
Summer dress – red classic style gingham summer dress from high street retailers, to be worn with SKPS long sleeve or sleeveless jumper and SKPS blazer
Skirt or shorts – grey, as winter uniform
Socks – grey or white, ankle or knee length, no trainer socks, small red bow or red frill is permitted
Blouse/shirts – white short sleeve shirts to be worn with tie and SKPS long sleeve or sleeveless jumper
Rain-mac/cagoule – plain red or black, can be worn with blazer if the weather is too warm for SKPS outer coat
Summer hat – plain black or red, or red, with SKPS logo
Sports Kit – Terms 1 to 6
T-shirt – red with SKPS logo
Shorts – black with SKPS logo
PE bag – red with SKPS logo
Joggers (optional) – black with SKPS logo (for outside PE in cold/wet weather)
Sweatshirt (optional) – red with SKPS logo (for outside PE in cold/wet weather)
Plimsolls – plain black, slip on or Velcro (for indoor PE)
Trainers (optional) – no extreme styles (for outside PE)
Socks (optional) – plain red or black, PE style
· Pupils are expected to be of a smart and presentable appearance at all times.
· Only small decorative attachments are to be worn in the hair (permissible items listed overleaf).
· Long hair (below shoulder length) should be tied up away from the face, i.e. pony tail, plait etc to ensure health and safety during the school day.
· Hair should be own natural colour only, no extreme or unkempt hairstyles or shaved patterns are allowed.
· Shoes must be plain black and of sensible style. Velcro fasteners are recommended until a pupil can confidently tie laces. Black trainers, boots or canvas shoes are not allowed.
· Full indoor uniform should be in school at all times. Pupils are required to wear jumpers and blazers to assembly each day (weather allowances will be made as appropriate) so please support us by ensuring that your child is correctly dressed.
· No ornamented/coloured/novelty caps or hats.
· No jewellery (except one wristwatch and one small plain gold or silver stud earring in each ear).
· No coloured nail polish or temporary tattoos.
· No toys or electronic items, including mobile phones, should be brought to school.
· The school accepts no responsibility for the loss of personal items.
· Money is not seen as a necessity to be brought to school.
· All items of uniform should be clearly marked or labelled with the pupil’s full name.
What to bring to school:
· SKPS school rucksack (pencil cases and stationery are not required).
· Water bottle with drinking cap (water only, please note that squash and other drinks are not permitted).
· Full change of clothes in case of an accident.
· Healthy morning snack (raw fruit or veg, please note that nuts are not permitted as some pupils
may have an allergy).
· PE kit.
· Warm SKPS coat, hats, gloves on cold/wet days, SKPS summer hat in hot weather.
· Wellington boots (Year R only) for outdoor learning and play.