Girls’ Clothing List - 2017 - 2018
General – First to Fifth Forms
*Navy blue Jacket with full school crest
Plain Navy Blue Coat (without fur hood)/*Waterproof Navy Jacket
*Blue blouse – short sleeve with revers
*Navy V-neck jumper with school banding
*Blue plaid kilt to be worn on the knee
Black Tights with winter uniform/white socks or natural tights with summer uniform
*School Scarf/ plain black or blue scarf
Shoes, Plain Black (notsuede or patent) . Lace up or slip on, maximum heel 4cm or 1.5ins
|Water bottle (500ml size)||1|
PE, Games and Sports kit – First to Fifth Forms
*PE shirt (with School badge)
*PE skort (with School badge)
*School track pants
*Skins navy blue top/navy blue leggings (optional)
Trainers (predominantly white with white soles)
*¼ zip waterproof warming up / training jacket
Winter Term sports
*Girls Hockey polo shirt
*PE skort (with School badge)
Hockey astro trainers (recommended)
Mouth guard (compulsory)
Hockey shin pads (compulsory)
*¼ zip waterproof warming up / training jacket (compulsory for team players)
*Warming up / training t-shirt (compulsory for team players)
Summer Term sport
*Swimming costume – plain navy or black or royal blue
Towel (with loop)
*Tennis whites (compulsory for team players)
Team members may require extra items.
All sports kit to be marked or labelled on the outside.
*These items must be purchased from Simmonds the School clothing shop on the School site. Tel: 01622/844121.
Hair, make up and jewellery
As detailed in the ‘Guidelines for life at Sutton Valence’, hair should be natural looking and appropriate in style. Make up should only be worn by girls in the Sixth Form and should be very discrete. No nail varnish should be worn. Earrings should be studs and only one pair in the earlobe
Name Tags for Boarders
All articles brought to school MUST BE marked with woven name tapes. Please would parents of boarders not use iron-on name labels as these all too readily come off in the wash and have been clogging up the school washing machines and dryers? Alternatively, you may consider using easy fix clip on labels; information may be found on their website: nametag-it.co.uk
Boarders Additional Items
All appropriate under-garments
Bath Towels (with loops)
Extra name tapes (please do not use iron on labels)
Small mesh bags (available from the school shop)
Small laundry basket
Note: Sheets, duvets, pillows and pillowcases are provided.
Notes for Boarders
· Boarders may bring reasonable audio equipment to school.
· Televisions are not permitted.
· Private property is not included in the school’s insurance policy. A separate leaflet on an Insurance Policy offered by the school.
· Trunks are useful for storing items during the holidays, but they are not compulsory.
· A limited amount of informal clothing may be brought to school for evening and weekend wear. Please ensure that this is clearly named because it is washed in the school laundry as well as the school uniform.
· Please bring padlocks (2) for your lockable spaces.
Foreign Boarding Students –
House parents will help with the provision of school uniform on arrival.
- Only essential medication should be brought in to school.
- Prescription medicines must be in their original container with pharmacy label intact. A signed translation of medicines prescribed in a foreign language should be included.
- Homeopathic medicines must be in their original container.
- Over the counter medicines will be supplied by the school nurses as needed. Pupils should not bring their own.
- Any unlabelled /unrecognisable medication will be confiscated and may be destroyed