SCHOOL UNIFORM FROM SEPTEMBER 2017
All items of uniform should be clearly marked or labelled with the student’s name. The School has recently joined Find my Kit, please visit www.findmykit.com for further details and to register.
• School regulation check kilt **
• School regulation navy blazer **
Years 8 & 9
• School regulation straight check skirt **
Years 10 & 11
• School regulation black skirt **
• Burgundy jumper with school logo and gold trim**
• White blouse with logo**
• School regulation navy trousers – Years 7, 8 and 9 **
• School regulation black trousers – Years 10 and 11 **
• Summer dress ** - sold in one length (measurement taken from the nape). Existing Students (Years 8-11) may wear the summer dress in Terms 1, 5 and 6. An alternative summer dress for students starting Year 7 in 2017, ready for adoption Term 5 2018, is currently being sourced.
• Navy/maroon polo shirt **
• Navy/maroon skorts **
• Navy tracksuit bottoms with logo **
• Navy/maroon sports hoodie **
• Navy hockey socks (winter), white trainer socks (summer)
• Trainers with non-marking soles
• Shin pads and gum shield (compulsory for Years 7-9)
• Black cotton leggings
• Maroon dance/gym t-shirt **
• Navy/black base layers/skins/leggings to be worn under kit when outside (optional)
• Robust PE bag
• Hair bands/white ear tape
• Plain white knee or ankle socks or plain black tights
• Skin coloured tights, white trainer socks or skin coloured sockettes may be worn in the summer.
• Plain black or navy coats. It is not acceptable to wear denim jackets; leather jackets; hoodies; sweatshirts; knitwear or an extra jumper instead of a coat.
• Plain black shoes (black trainers/canvas/Vans style shoes are not permitted). Heels should be black and of a suitable height. No platforms, sling backs, stiletto or kitten heels. Ballet pumps and boots are not acceptable. Shoes should be well maintained, clean and polished.
JEWELLERY AND HAIR
• Watches should be named.
• Jewellery may be permitted with respect to certain religious beliefs or medical conditions. Parents to request permission in writing from Head of Year.
• Body piercing (inc lip/nose/eyebrow/tongue piercing) is not acceptable.
• One small plain gold or silver stud earring in each ear is allowed.
• Make up, false nails and nail varnish should not be worn.
• No extreme hairstyles or colours – hair should be neat, clean and tidy, tied back where possible with plain navy/burgundy/black hairband/Weald scrunchie.
Skirts and dresses should be worn just on or just above the knee. If in doubt - when seated with legs crossed a skirt or dress should not be higher than a tightly closed hand’s width from the knee.
** These items must be purchased from Simmonds of Tunbridge Wells
All students are required to have embroidered initials on the PE polo shirt, skort, Gym/Dance t-shirt and hoodie. Embroidered initials should be in maroon (blue on t-shirt) on the upper LHS of the chest. Simmonds offer this service May to mid-August, but you may of course arrange your own embroidery. Please enquire at Simmonds regarding the size and style of the embroidered initials.